Your lips are essential to so many of life’s greatest pleasures - you use them to talk, smile, laugh, eat, kiss... But because they have so much to do, they’re vulnerable to the signs of ageing.
The repeated movement of your lips - coupled with depleting supplies of hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin in the skin – can cause fine vertical lines to form around your lips as well as a general loss of volume or definition.
We can use specially-formulated hyaluronic acid-based lip fillers to create balance, smooth away fine lines, add volume or enhance the youthful definition of your lips. These fillers integrate well with the more delicate tissues in your lips to give a particularly soft, natural-looking result.
Lip fillers are ideal for rejuvenating and treating the following areas:
· Lip volume: Restore or add a subtle amount of volume for fuller lips
· Balance: Create better balance and symmetry for a more beautiful smile
· Lip definition: Make your lip line more clearly defined
· Smokers’ lines: Tackle those so-called smokers’ lines that cut into your lips causing your lipstick to bleed
· Cupid’s bow: Enhance the Cupid’s bow shape of your lips
Lip fillers FAQs
How long does a lip fillers treatment take?
A lip filler treatment typically takes between 30 minutes to an hour, but will depend on your individual needs.
Will the treatment hurt?
The lip fillers we offer include a numbing medication, lidocaine, to give you a comfortable, pain-free treatment. If lidocaine is contraindicated for any reason, we have safe alternatives.
The single-use needles we use to administer lip fillers are very fine and we only use tiny amounts of the product. This gives you natural-looking results and minimises bruising.
Is one treatment enough to show results?
Absolutely. Although individual results may vary, you should only need a single treatment to subtly enhance the natural shape and volume of your lips. We will typically arrange to see you for a follow-up appointment two weeks after your treatment so that we can check the results.
As the effects of the treatment are temporary, you may find that you need one or two further treatments each year to maintain the desired aesthetic effects.
How quickly should I see the results?
You will notice a difference to the shape, volume and/or definition of your lips within a couple of days.
Are lip fillers safe?
In the hands of an experienced medical professional, hyaluronic acid-based lip fillers are incredibly safe and backed by years of proven use and clinical studies. As with any medical aesthetic procedure, it is important to be aware of the potential side effects (see below), which we will discuss with you during your initial consultation – it’s important that you fully understand the treatment so that you are able to give informed consent to go ahead.
We only ever deliver injections from a single-use vial using single-use needles to ensure that you receive treatment with a product that is fresh, undiluted and free from risk of contamination.
What are the potential side effects?
Most people describe lip filler treatments as ‘relatively painless’ to ‘mildly uncomfortable’. You may experience some temporary redness, swelling, itching, firmness, bruising, bumps or discolouration at the injection site but these side effects usually self-resolve within a week.
Due to the unique physiology of your lips and the softer tissues, you should expect some swelling and bruising. If any of the side effects above last for more than a week or you develop other symptoms post-treatment, you should contact us for advice immediately.
Is there anything I should do/not do after having a lip enhancement treatment?
When you come in to Medikaur Skin & Aesthetics for a treatment with lip fillers, we will give you detailed aftercare instructions. It’s important that you follow our recommendations to enjoy the full benefit of your treatment.
We may recommend that you:
- Use ice packs to help reduce swelling
- Take painkillers such as paracetamol, if required, for a few days post-treatment
- Take arnica tablets for a few days before and after your treatment to minimise any bruising
- Contact us if bruising or swelling persists, or if any blistering occurs
Contact us if any delayed reactions occur
Can anyone administer lip fillers?
Lip fillers should only be administered by suitably qualified and experienced medical practitioners. Therefore, you should seek treatment from a nurse, GP, cosmetic doctor, dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or dentist.
Although lip enhancement may seem like an uncomplicated procedure to the untrained eye, the best results balance an in-depth knowledge of facial anatomy with aesthetic concerns and an understanding of your individual needs and expectations. Your lips need to look and feel natural and this requires an expert hand – above all, we want you to feel confident about your new and improved smile.
Here at Medikaur Skin & Aesthetics, lip filler treatments are administered by Jane Paterson, who is a popular and immensely experienced advanced aesthetic nurse practitioner, or Dr Gurpreet Gill.
What lip fillers do you use at Medikaur Skin & Aesthetics?
We will talk to you in depth about the different products during your initial no-obligation consultation so that you can make a fully informed decision about your treatment. As a rough guide, we use the following lip fillers:
· Juvederm® Volift® - This is a soft filler that integrates well with the tissues for lip definition and volume replacement. In our experience, it gives good definition and a natural-looking enhancement that suits most patients.
· Juvederm® Ultra 2 – This is a discreet filler used to add definition to the lip border and subtly enhance the shape of the lips. Each treatment lasts for four to six months.
· Juvederm® Volbella® - This filler has been specially developed for use in and around the lips. It gives a soft and natural feel and lasts for up to 12 months.
· Juvederm® Ultra Smile – This is based on Juvederm®’s Ultra 3 formulation but has been developed specifically for use in the lips.
BOOK A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION CONSULTATION
Talk to an expert about lip fillers and other options for your individual needs.
SIMPLY LEAVE YOUR NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR PHONE NUMBER BELOW OR CALL US ON 0345 055 9106